After the bank holiday last weekend, I felt a bit of a mid-week lull but I knew I could count on my lovely followers for a bit of light-hearted fun.
I asked you guys on Facebook and Instagram for any horses that have funny, weird or wonderful names and I was inundated with responses. I spent my afternoon reading through them all and it certainly put a smile on my face.
I got chatting to you lots of you about your horses too – I made quite a few wrong guesses about the type of horses they were based on their names; thinking show jumping thoroughbreds sounded like hairy cobs…
For those of you that missed it, here’s some of the names I was sent.
- Trevor, Trev for short
- Seven – named because they came without a ‘stable name’ and has a lovely face marking in the shape of a ‘7’. P.s I got a photo and the pony is super cute
- Mycroft – Crofty for short
- Brad, or Bradley when he’s in trouble
- Orbit – he ran around in circles in the stable, when he was born… cute name right?!
- Eyelean – named because here eyes were uneven… haha!
- Shakey – An ex racer with the name Shake On It. He shakes his top lip after treats.
- Serious – not to be mistaken for Sirius in Harry Potter
- Phillip – the horse I rode when in Ireland earlier this year. He was a little coloured cob and an absolute sweetheart.
- Bernard or Bernie for short.
Thank you for brightening up my Wednesday and I hope this brightens up your day, too!